Yield: 1 serving Cooking time: 10 prep + 20 cooking = 30 minutes
- 3 plantains
- Chicharon, 1 bag (pork rinds)
- Olive oil
- 3 garlic, minced
- Onion powder
- Oil, vegetable or canola for frying
- Peel and cut the plantains diagonally and place in bowl of salted water.
- In a large skillet add the frying oil and let heat until hot enough to fry the plantains. Once lightly browned, removed from frying pan and place on top of paper towel to seep off oil.
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, chicharon (pork rinds), fried plantains in mortar (pilón) and drizzle with olive oil and begin to mash until all ingredients are combined and the plantains come together.
- Remove from mortar (pilón) and place in a shallow bowl to create a dome shape.
Note: Serve with your favorite meat and bean sauce.