Yield: 8 cups Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bags of spinach or frozen (thawed and drained)
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper for taste
- pancetta, for garnish
- In a deep sauce pan on medium-high heat, add the olive oil and garlic and let cook until golden brown. Add the cream cheese, with a spatula start to separate the cream cheese.
- Then add the mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and cayenne pepper, folding occasionally.
- Lastly, add the spinach (no need to blanch them) and the grape tomatoes, begin incorporating into the cheese mixture. Add salt and pepper for taste, place in oven proof pan and bake at 350ºF degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the cheeses are melted and the top is slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and garnish with bacon (optional). Serve immediately.
- Goes great with pita chips, baguettes, tortilla chips or even place in bread bowl for a super bowl party.
- Happy Eating!
NOTE: If the oven is not an option, just cover the skillet with a lid and let cook on medium-low heat until the cheeses melt.