- 3 lbs of lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper, no seeds
- 1 red pepper, no seeds
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 oz fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper, for taste
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil, for frying
- In a food processor or blender, add the olive oil, peppers, onions, parsley, oregano, Italian seasoning and garlic. Begin to pulse until purée.
- Add the purée in the ground meat and mix with gloved (food safe) hands to incorporate.
- In another bowl, add the eggs and milk and whisk together. Make a well in center of the ground beef and add the egg and milk mixture. Begin to mix all until all is incorporated (it will appear mushy, it’s ok). Then add the bread crumbs, salt and pepper and mix until all comes together.
- Start rolling the ground beef into round balls (size to your preference).
- In a skillet, add the olive oil on medium-high heat and begin to add the meatballs (DO NOT OVER CROWD THE PAN) and let cook until all sides are browned (about 3-4 minutes one each side) and the center of the meatballs does not appear pink. Be careful not to over cook the meatballs or they will become dry.
- Once cooked, add the meatballs in sauce of your choice. I prefer them in my Quick and Easy Marinara Sauce. Let cook for an additional 10 minutes. Serve as a meatball sandwich, on top of pasta or just as finger foods.
- Happy Eating!
NOTE: Top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese!