Yield: 24 cones Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 box of your favorite yellow cake mix
- ice cream cones (any size)
- Homemade buttercream or store bought
- jelly beans
- Prepare the cake mix according to the instructions on the box.
- Place the cones securely on a shallow pan (so they don’t move or tumble). On the pictures below, I have them on a special rack that holds the cones in place (sorry, I’m not sure where to purchase these, as it was given to me as a gift). Begin to add the cake batter about 1″ inch from the top of each cone.
- Place in oven and bake at 350ºF degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before decorating.
- Happy Eating!
NOTE: If making mini cones the yield serving is about 48 mini cupcakes.