Photo by Jonathan Silva
Yield: 1 lb 2 oz Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 can (13oz) garbanzo beans
- 1 whole red pepper, roasted and unseeded
- 1 whole green pepper, roasted and unseeded
- 1 whole yellow pepper, roasted and unseeded
- 1 red hot pepper, roasted and unseeded
- 1 minced garlic
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of water
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans and set aside. Oil the peppers and place on grill to roast them on each side. Removed the seeds and add all the ingredients (execute the salt and pepper) in a food processor and pulse 6-7 seconds at a time until all comes together (DO NOT OVER PULSE OR IT WILL BECOME RUNNY). Add the salt and pepper for taste.
- Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips or bread chips.
- Happy Eating!
NOTE: If you prefer not to grill, you can also use the peppers in the jar.