Yield: 6-8 Serving Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3 boneless chicken
- 3 carrots, small diced
- 1 can (15 oz) corn
- 1 can (6 oz) French’s French Fried Onions
- 3 whole tomatoes, small diced
- 1 cucumber, small diced
- 6 oz shredded cheese
- olive oil, for grilling
- Rose’s BBQ Sauce
- Wash chicken thoroughly, pat dry with clean paper towel and season chicken to your liking. Add the olive oil on the grilled pan and cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side. Let it cool off before cutting the chicken into cubes. Marinate the chicken with Rose’s BBQ Sauce and set aside.
- Wash the tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots (peel the carrots), cut all into small dice and set aside.
- Lets begin to set up the salad. Begin by adding the french fried onions at the bottom of a pyrex glass casserole tray, or any other deep dish. Add the carrots in one corner of the tray in a diagonal line. Add the corn, tomatoes, grilled chicken (at center), cucumbers, shredded cheese, and, once more, carrots following through to the other side of the tray diagonally. OPTIONAL: You can expose the fried onion in both of the adjacent corners.
- Serve with your favorite vinaigrette or dressing.
- Happy Eating!
NOTE: What’s great about this salad is that you can dress it up with your favorite veggies, fruits, meats and nuts. I normally fry my onion rings (recipe will be up soon) but I decided to cheat a bit.