Yield: 8 servings Cooking time: 1 hr
- 4 boneless chicken
- Quick and Easy Marinara Sauce or store bought
- 2 lbs mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs, scrambled
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 3 tbsp oregano
- 3 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 garlic powder
- 3 tbsp parsley flakes
- salt and pepper, for taste
- Olive oil or vegetable, for frying
- Wash chicken thoroughly and pat dry with clean paper towel. Slice each chicken breast in half (you should have 8 pieces). If the chicken slices are too thick, place a piece of parchment paper on top of the chicken, using a tenderizer begin to hit the chicken to the thickness of your liking (I prefer thin).
- Season the chicken with the oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley flakes, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using 3 separate bowls: in the first bowl add the flour, second bowl add the milk and eggs, whisk until all comes together (milk gives expansion to the eggs), lastly the breadcrumbs. See photos below.
- Begin to dip the chicken in the flour (completely coat), then in the egg mixture and lastly in the breadcrumbs. Repeat the process with all of the chicken and place in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes. This process helps keep the breadcrumbs together when frying.
- Add the oil in frying pan (DO NOT ADD TOO MUCH OIL – JUST ENOUGH TO FRY THE CHICKEN WITHOUT MAKING THEM TOO OILY). See the photo below for perfect frying.
- In a shallow pan (oven safe), add some of the marinara sauce to coat the bottom of the pan and place all of the chicken on top. Then add more marinara sauce on top of the chicken and dress with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350ºF degrees for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. See photo below
- Serve with your favorite pasta or as a sandwich.
- Mangia! Happy Eating!