Yield: 16 egg rolls Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 bag egg rolls wrappers (16 oz)
- 1 cabbage, shredded
- 5 carrots, shredded
- 1 tsp ginger, shredded
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup water, for sealing
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, diced small (optional-see note below)
- Wash chicken thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. Slice chicken into very small dice and set aside.
- Wash cabbage, dry with paper towels and slice thin.
- Wash carrots, dry with paper towels, peel skin and grate them using the larger hole of the grinder.
- In a large skillet or wok add water and chicken; add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and soy sauce and cook chicken until tender.
- Then add the carrots and cabbage and mix until all is incorporated and tender (let cook until cabbage wilts but not soggy).
- Once done, pass the cabbage mixture through a colander to remove the water.
- Remove egg rolls wraps from packaging a place one, like a diamond shape, toward you and add 1 tbsp of the cabbage mixer in center. Add water on the edge of the wrappers for sealing. Then begin to roll using the corner in front of you over and the two side corners folded in and roll to seal. See picture below for technique
- Happy Eating!
Note: You can make these with any type of meat, seafood or favorite veggies.