Yield: 15-20 servings Cooking and prepping time: 1 hrs 30 minutes
- 3 lb. lean ground beef
- 3 lb. Italian sausage, skin removed
- 1 lb. Lasagna noodle
- 1 (32 oz) Ricotta cheese
- 1 lb. mozzarella, shredded
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- Quick and Easy Marinara
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (218º C)
- In a food processor or blender, add the peppers (no seeds), onion, and garlic and pulse until all is incorporated. Set aside
- In a bowl, add the lean ground beef and sausages and mix with gloved hands to incorporate. Begin to add the pepper mixture, and mix well.
- Add the mixture in a shallow pan and cook the sausage-lean ground beef in medium-high heat. Stirring occasionally to avoid under cooking. Once cooked, add the marinara sauce (about 2-3 cups).
- Meanwhile, in a large pot add water, salt and bring to a boil. Then, add the lasagna noodles and cook until al dente (about 3-4 minutes).
- In a lasagna pan (pictured above), add about 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce spread along the pan, lay a lasagna noodle, 1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese (spread on top of the noodle) and add the ground sausage meat on top along with the mozzarella cheese. Repeat the process until the pan is complete. Cover the top with parchment paper then cover again with aluminum foil and bake in oven until the cheeses are melted (about 20-25 minutes). Let sit for about 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Happy Eating!
NOTE: To achieve the ground beef from being clumpy, use the back of a large spoon and begin to mash down and mix. Continue the process until all of the ground meat has no clumps. If you don’t have a lasagna pan, a deep oven pan or a deep aluminum pan works just as well.