Yield: 4 servings Prep and Cooking time: 1 hr and 30 minutes
- 2 lb. baked chicken, shredded and cold
- 4 carrots, diced small
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 3 celery stalk, diced small
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 puff pastry sheets, store bought thawed
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (204º C) degrees
- In a large pot, add the butter and onions and let cook until translucent (about 2-3 minutes). Then add the carrots and celery and let cool until tender about 4-5 minutes) then add the peas (optional).
- Add the milk and stir to incorporate, then add the heavy cream and chicken broth. Using a whisk, gradually add the flour while whisking to prevent lumps. Let cook for about 5 minutes on low-medium heat. Remove from heat and add the chicken, salt and pepper and mix well until all is incorporated.
- Take the thawed pastry puff and roll out on clean work, light floured surface and with a rolling pin carefully roll out the pastry puff. Using the small pie pan as a guide, flip them over and with a sharp knife begin to cut circle. Add the chicken mixture on each of the pie pan and begin to put the pastry puff on top on each of the pies (with the extra scraps of the puff pastry with small cookie cutters, cut different designs and add them on top. Make a slit in the center of the pot pies to release steam.
- Begin to make the egg wash by adding 1 egg in bowl with 1 tbsp of milk and whisk until all is incorporated. With a pastry brush, brush the egg wash on top of the pastry and place in oven and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Happy Eating!