Yield: 8 servings Prep and Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 3 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. red kidney beans or 1 (15.5 0z) can, drained and washed
- 1 lb. white navy beans or 1 (15.5 oz) can, drained and washed
- 1 lb. pink beans or 1 (15.5 oz) can, drained and washed
- 3 large red peppers
- 3 large green peppers
- 3 large yellow peppers
- 1 jalapeño pepper without seeds
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp tabasco sauce
- 1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
- Salt, for taste
- Pepper, for taste
- Cheddar Cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Wash the peppers and jalapeño; cut and remove the seeds and set aside. Cut the onions and garlic and add in a food processor or blender and pulse until all is well blended, then add the peppers and jalapeño, pulse into pureed.
- In a large pot, add the ground beef and let cook, mash the ground beef to avoid lumps. Add the puréed peppers, jalapeño, onions and garlic and mix well until all is incorporated. Begin to add the seasonings, mix well until all is incorporate. Then add the beans stir well; add the tomato sauce, salt and pepper and tabasco sauce and stir, cover with lid and let cook on low heat for 30 minutes to enhance the flavor of the spices.
- Happy Eating!
NOTE: If using bagged beans, let sit in water over night before cooking in boiled water. The beans will double in size and this helps the process of the beans to cook in less time.