Yield: 12-15 servings Prep and Cook Time: 1 hr 40 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups of graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tbsp milk, whole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice, from lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
Strawberry and Glaze:
- 5-1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (176º C)
- Prepare Crust: Crush the graham crackers until completely crumbled. Melt the butter in a heat proof bowl and microwave for 30 seconds increments until completely melted, add the sugar in the melted butter and stir until the sugar dissolves. Then add the butter/sugar mixture in the graham crackers and begin to work the crackers into the sides of a springform pan, cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Make the Filling: In a bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, add the cream cheese, sour cream, flour and sugar and mix until well combined. Scrape down the bowl and gradually add the eggs one at a time, mix until all is incorporated, scrape down the bowl and add the milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest and mix until well combined.
- Remove the prepared crust from the refrigerator and add the cream cheese mixture. Using an offset or rubber spatula, spread the mixture evenly on top. Then place pan in center of sheet pan or shallow pan and add water until the it reaches the center of the springform pan. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes then lower the temperature to 250ºF (121º C) degrees for about 60-80 minutes or until the center looks wobbly. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack for about 15 minutes and place in refrigerator for about 6-8 hours or best overnight.
- Making the Glaze: In a pot, add the water, sugar, cornstarch and food coloring and let cook, stirring constantly for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely before refrigeration.
- Happy Eating!
NOTE: Place the strawberries on top the of the cold cheesecake then add the glaze around the strawberries as seen on the photo. Amount of strawberries and glaze is your choice. Cheesecake can be eaten with or without topped fruit.