Yield: 6 servings Prep and Cook Time:
- 2 cups cooked shrimp
- 8-10 cups of white rice
- 5 stalks of green onion
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp milk, whole
- 1 bag (8oz) bean sprouts
- Vegetable (optional)
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Worcestershire sauce, dashes
- Soy sauce, dashes
- Oil, for frying
- Crack eggs in bowl and add the milk, whisk until all is combined. In a sauce pan, add the butter on medium-high heat then add the eggs and begin to scramble. Set aside.
- Wash and cut the green onions in small dice and set aside.
- In a large wok, add the oil (enough to coat the bottom of the wok) and let heat up on medium-high heat. Add rice, using a plastic large spoon (to prevent scratching the wok) begin to separate the rice and let fry until all the rice loosen about 1-2 minutes.
- Begin to add the vegetables, scrambled eggs, green onions, bean sprouts, and shrimps. Mix until all is incorporated.
- Add a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce for color and flavor.
- Add salt and pepper, mix well and serve immediately.
- Happy Eating!
NOTE: Be careful when adding Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce which tend to obtain high quantities of sodium. Fried Rice is made best with 2-3 day old white rice. If using fresh shrimps, wash and devein then put them in boiling water until pale pink (about 4-5 minutes).