Yield: 10 Burritos Prep Time: minutes
- 2 lbs boneless chicken
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Rose’s Meat Rub
- 1 can (15oz) black beans, drained
- 1 can (15oz) corn, drained
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pica de Gallo
- 10 Burrito Tortillas (large)
- 10 sheets of aluminum foil
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and pat dry with food safe paper towels. Add the meat rub, cover well and set in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the can of corn and set aside. Drain the can of black beans and rinse thoroughly until the water runs clear, then add into the bowl of corn. Mix well to combine and set aside.
- In a frying pan on high-medium heat, add the oil and cook the chicken on each side for about 5-6 minutes. Once cooked cut the chicken into small cubes.
- In a large bowl add the cooked chicken, corn and bean mix, rice and Pica de Gallo. Mix well to incorporate all.
- On a clean and dry surface place the tortilla and add the chicken mixture on the bottom edge of the tortilla.
- Folding the burrito: Begin to fold the bottom in, then right side in and left side on top of right, then fold the top (see photo below). Wrap each burrito in a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Cooking: In a frying pan on medium-high heat, add the burrito (wrapped in aluminum foil) and begin to heat the burrito (about 5 minutes in each side).
- Goes well with a side of guacamole or salsa.
- Happy Eating!
NOTE: Be careful not to over heat the burrito as the aluminum holds in heat and will cause it to burn. To reheat burritos: place in pan with cover on low heat, place the burritos wrapped in aluminum foil and let heat for about 45 minutes (turning them over from time to time) .