Yield: 10 patties Prep and Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 pkg (14oz) Goya discos, thawed
- 1 green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 3-4 sprigs of cilantro
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- salt for taste
- pepper for taste
- 1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
- Oil, for frying
- In a large skillet on medium-low heat, add the lean ground beef. Using a spatula begin to break down the meat to separate, cover and let cook.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, add the peppers, garlic, onions, cilantro, oregano and parsley. Blend to your liking (I prefer mine pureed).
- Add the veggie mixture into the meat and mix to incorporate all. Add the tomato sauce a little at a time (consistency is up to you). Add the salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside to cool off before adding to discs.
- In a clean and dry surface place the discs and in the center of each add about 1-2 tbsp (again, up to you) of the meat mixture and close. With a fork start to close the patty by pressing down to seal.
- Place all in the refrigerator for about 10-20 minutes to firm.
- In a deep pan, add oil and let heat about 350ºF (use a thermometer). Add the patties one at a time to avoid splash. Cook until golden brown. Place on paper towel to seep the excess oil.
- Happy Eating!
NOTE: This is a warning! You just can’t eat one. You can also add cheese and pepperoni for a pizza taste. Chicken or pork or just about anything.