Yield: 6-8 servings Prep and Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 3 boneless chicken breast
- 1 green pepper, diced and deseeded
- 1 red pepper, diced and deseeded
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced and deseeded
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Mama’s Sofrito (Puerto Rican Mirepoix)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15.5oz) white beans
- 1 can (15.5oz) red beans
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp tabasco
- 1-1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper for taste
- Wash chicken thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. Remove the fat and cut the chicken into small cubes and season with onion powder, garlic powder and parsley flakes, mix well and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, cut the peppers, onion and jalapeño pepper and add in a food processor or blender to chop (very small).
- In a large pot, on medium-low heat, add the Mama’s Sofrito (Puerto Rican Mirepoix) and chicken. Add the water and tomato sauce along with the chopped pepper mixture and mix to incorporate.
- Drain each can of beans and rinse thoroughly. Add the beans in the chicken and mix well. Add the chili powder, cayenne pepper, tabasco sauce and curry powder, mix well. Add salt and pepper, taste then cover with a lid, lower the heat to low and let simmer for about 30-35 minutes to incorporate all of the flavors.
- Makes a great topping on hot dogs, hamburgers, rice, crackers or just as is.
- Happy Eating!
NOTE: Curry powder is very powerful so a little goes a long way. If not a fan you can easily omit it. It will affect the flavor but not by much.