- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 6 cups), small diced
- 1 medium onion, small diced
- 6 sticks of celery, small diced
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp oilve oil
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 cups beef broth
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15.25oz can) corn
- 1 (280z can) diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5oz can) garbanzo beans (any of your choice)
- salt and pepper for taste
- Add oil and butter in pot on medium-high heat. Then add the celery, onions, and minced garlic; let cook until onions are translucent in color and celery is tender (about 5-6 minutes).
- Begin to add the sweet potatoes and stir to mix all. Then add both broths and stir.
- Start adding in all the spices, except the salt and pepper. Stir well to incorporate.
- Then gradually add the diced tomatoes and corn. Add salt and pepper and let cook on low-medium heat for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves before serving.