Yield: 5 servings Time Cook and Prep: 1 hr 40 minutes
- 5 boneless chicken
- 5 slices ham, preferrably prosciutto
- 1/2 lb shredded mozzarella (gruyère is best)
- 1 cup bread crumb
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Extra virgen olive oil
- Wash the chicken and pat dry with clean paper towel.
- Place each piece of chicken in between two plastic wraps and begin to pound, with a mallet, each piece of chicken until nicely thin (individual plastics), about 1/4 inch.
- Then add a slice of ham and shredded cheese. Begin to roll the the chicken using the plastic wrap to tighten the rolls. Wrap each with plastic wrap and tighten the ends then place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Add flour in one plate; the bread crumbs in other and the eggs in a shallow bowl and beat. Add all of the seasonings, salt, and pepper in the flour and bread crumb.
- Remove the rolled the chicken and add in the flour, then egg, then bread crumb. Repeat until all the rolled chickens are breaded.
- Place on sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and let bake at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes.
- Goes great with vegetables, rice or garlic mashed potatoes.
NOTE: After 10 minutes turn the chicken. DO NOT over bake or the chicken will end up dry.